The anaerobic pretreatment with an UASB reactor offers several advantages compared to other primary treatments:
- Excellent clarification due to efficient solids settling by static clarification between pulses.
- System suitable for both granular or flocculant sludge.
- High solids removal, which are entrapped into the sludge bed with further hydrolysis and anaerobic degradation.
- Low energy requirements, minimized by the application of the PUSH system.
- Lower sludge production due to anaerobic conditions.
Thanks to the previous experience of Aqualia on designing, installing and operating UASB systems, the construction of this plant will be efficiently performed in the shortest time. Aqualia developed its knowledge in UASB systems on previous European projects such as FP7 AllGas and H2020 Incover.
Both the operational data logging and the plant control will be carried out by a PLC, which will centralize all the information from the different measurements probes, analyzers and control equipment installed in the plant. With this aim, a SCADA system will be developed to manage all the information received from different equipment and to send the necessary control actions to the field elements that are in charge of the control.