The project aims to demonstrate innovative resource recovery technologies from WW of SC in Mediterranean and Continental climate at full-scale (below 2,000 PE) and environmental conditions with the following main objectives:
- To validate improved EXTensive technologies two innovation spaces will be prepared under 2 different climate conditions (Seville and Toledo, Southern and Central Spain) for hosting different INTEXT technologies:
- Low Carbon WWT: solar-based EXTensive systems with an improved and reliable treatment performance and footprint below 1 m2/PE
- Produce valuable products in a resource-oriented circular economy through the recovery of nutrients such as P and N and the production of water of reuse and energy.
- Removal of emergent pollutants (EP) through AW, HRAP and solar driven chemical free anodic oxidation (AO) based on inline electrolytic and UV radiation.
- To provide criteria for supporting the decision-making process for the identification of the most appropriate INTEXT tech. based on life cycle analysis (LCA) and socio-economic and technical factors, minimizing emissions and maximizing recovery of resources (greenhouse gases emissions reduction of 80-90 %).
To foster market uptake and implementation of innovative tech. by the water sector through standardization, ETV and dissemination of the project solutions and interaction with market stakeholders and regulators.